Cybersecurity Summit in the News
We made the news! Check us out on Cybersecurity TV!
By Meredith Somers - With just one month under his belt, the country’s first federal chief information security officer says he’s launching a one-stop-shop for cybersecurity guidance and good ideas.
By Chris Bing - Greg Touhill's remarks Tuesday were his first in his role as federal CISO.
By Mark Rockwell - The first U.S. chief information security officer hopes to serve for awhile, no matter who wins the presidential election.
By Mohana Ravindranath - The White House's first chief information security officer has ambitious plans to shore up government cybersecurity, including elaborate educational campaigns for employees and ensuring investments in data protection are proportional to the value of that data.
Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President and Cybersecurity Coordinator, Executive Office of the President, opening Cyber Summit 2015 with a keynote address.
CIO/CISO Cyber Challenges Panel
- (Moderator) Richard Hale, Department of Defense
- Lonny Anderson, National Security Agency
- Lt Gen Bill Bender, U.S. Air Force
- Steve Cooper, Department of Commerce
- Dr. John Zangardi, Department of the Navy
Attendees enjoy a networking break on the exhibit floor, where over 20 companies and associations were on display.
For the second year, Admiral Michael Rogers, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command/Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security, provided the lunch keynote.
The Sharks (cyber experts) provide feedback to a technology entrepreneur company. Judges included:
- Peter Fonash, Department of Homeland Security
- Douglas Maughan, Department of Homeland Security
- Dave Wennergren, Professional Services Council
Closing Tech Talk provided by:
- Dr. Phyllis Schneck, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity and Communications for the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security
- William Evanina, National Counterintelligence Executive, Director of National Intelligence